Surgical abortions are offered at our facility from 5 to 19 weeks. You will receive laboratory testing, counseling and education before the procedure. A sonogram will be performed to determine gestational age. IV conscious sedation is offered to promote relaxation and pain relief.
FIRST TRIMESTER ABORTION
• May be performed during the first 5 through 12 weeks of pregnancy
• The procedure is completed in one visit.
• A local anesthetic is used to numb the cervix, which is gently dilated. A small vacurette is inserted into the uterus and suction is used to remove the uterine contents.
SECOND TRIMESTER ABORTION
• May be performed from 13-19 weeks.
• The procedure may require two days.
• Many 13 - 15 week terminations, however, can be completed in one day.
• Laminaria will be inserted to dilate the cervix.
• On the second day, the patient will return to the clinic to complete the abortion.
MEDICAL ABORTION / MIREPREX
• Pregnancy must be no more than 49 days, as determined by our ultrasound.
• After careful medical screening, Mifeprex is given. This medication causes the pregnancy to detach from the uterus. Two days later, the patient takes Misoprostol. This medication causes the uterus to expel the pregnancy.
• The patient will have heavy bleeding and cramping at home and should complete the abortion within 2 - 12 hours. Bleeding may last up to three weeks.
• 7 to 14 days later, the patient returns to the clinic for a follow-up exam to ensure the abortion is complete.
• You are carefully supervised by our physician.
Other Services We Provide at Womenservices
Urine pregnancy tests, most accurate after a missed period, are provided for a $3 fee with photo ID. Monday through Friday 9AM - 4:30PM, and some Saturdays 9AM - 3PM. Results are available immediately, and no appointments are necessary.
Women now have many choices for birth control methods. At the time of the abortion appointment, a counselor will discuss contraceptive options. We offer Depo-Provera, Ortho-Evra (the patch), Nuvaring, birth control pills, condoms, and the Morning After Pill. Tubal ligations, IUDs and Implanon are also offered in our Private Practice.
We offer a comprehensive follow-up visit to every patient. Our physician and nurse are available on a 24 hour basis for any concerns that may arise between your abortion and follow-up appointment.
Womenservices also provides women and couples with pregnancy options counseling and post-abortion counseling.
FETAL ANOMALY ABORTIONS
In cases where birth defects are diagnosed, we will work closely with you and your physician to provide an abortion.
5-9 weeks without sedation $425
5-9 weeks with sedation $450
10-12 weeks $500
13 weeks $550
14 weeks $650
15 weeks $800
16 weeks $950
17 weeks $1,100
18 weeks $1,250
19 weeks $1,400
Medical Abortion (5-7 weeks) $450
Rhogam 1st Trimester $60
Rhogam 2nd Trimester $90
© 2015 Buffalo Womenservices