Instructions for Patients
If you would like to schedule an appointment, please call us at (716) 835-2510. ALL appointments must be scheduled over the phone; we do not take walk-in appointments.
Important things to consider before your appointment!
• IDENTIFICATION: For security reasons, everyone that comes into the clinic must have photo identification. We cannot see you without this!
• PAYMENT: If you are using insurance, you must bring your insurance card(s) as well. If you are not using insurance, you can bring your payment in the form of a money order. We also accept MasterCard or Visa, as long as the cardholder is present with their photo ID. We do not accept cash or personal checks.
• GUESTS: If you plan on being sedated during the procedure, you must bring an escort who will be responsible for helping you get home safely. If you are not receiving sedation, you are still welcome to bring one guest with you to your appointment. Please let your guest know that they must have photo ID to get into our facility.
• CHILDREN: Please do not bring any children to the clinic. You must make appropriate childcare arrangements prior to your appointment.
• SAFETY: To ensure the safety of our patients and staff, we ask that you do not bring any large bags, backpacks, or packages into the clinic. However, we do allow small bags or purses.
• DRUGS & ALCOHOL: Please do not use recreational drugs or alcohol 24 hours prior to your appointment, as they will interfere with the medications you will receive. You should continue any prescribed medications as instructed by your doctor.
• FOOD: You may eat a light meal before your appointment, but please avoid foods that are heavy or greasy (like fast food) as this may make you nauseous. Feel free to bring a snack with you.
• PROTESTERS: Unfortunately, there may be some protesters in front of our facility, but they are not allowed past the front of the building or on clinic property. Please avoid communicating with the protesters and notify clinic staff immediately of any problems or concerns.
• PARKING: There is parking available behind our building. We ask that you use the backdoor, as the front door is for staff and vendors only.
• CELL PHONES: Cell phone use is not permitted at the clinic for privacy reasons. All phones must be turned off and put away while at Buffalo Womenservices. A pay phone is available for public use.
• PLAN AHEAD! Keep in mind your appointment may last about five hours, give or take, depending on your specific situation and that particular day. Although we screen movies in the waiting room, you may want to bring a book or magazine as well. Please plan accordingly!